Friday, May 7, 2010

We forgot the balconies...


Here is some of our garden Nick!

The back, so big! Notice our new charcoal bbq. Andy bought it a jacket.

We're hoping to dig into the ground right in front of the fence and plant some sunflowers. If you look across the street, an avid gardener named Theo has a shovel we can borrow, and maybe some extra top soil too. You can also see the energetic neighborhood kids playing together in the alley.

From the front, you can see Theo here too. Or rather he can see us, and is often waving, yelling advice, which I pretend to hear.

Arug. It was planted on Easter. Such a beautiful weekend.

This one is for all those lovehaters out there on the subject of my cleanliness. I know you guys say you love my bulging drawers, and I am glad, because I think I have proven that I will never change. Andy wouldn't let me clean up my stuff because he "wanted his sympathizers." So he found them. and I probably wouldn't have cleaned up and then we wouldn't get to look at my messy drawers or our nice floors. This picture is for my sympathizers, the barefoot Martin women, How am I supposed to survive a summer in a kitchen connected to my garden that has a white floor?

Who wants a caesar? (btw, such a hard word for me to spell).

4 comments:

  1. look at that lettuce! look at those tomatoes!!
    what a fun kitchen garden.

    matt just shook his head "you martin ladies do have dirty dirty feet."

    i have to wash my feet before bed each night during the peak of gardening season.... all summer. and my drawers don't close either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful floors, and gardening. Yay.

    Yay also for bare feet. Three cheers - no four cheers for us four Martin women.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. pickled beans? avocado? greens? lovely. white floors with foot prints made of mud. also nice. you can have a his and hers foot display on your canvas floor.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. bare feet.
    all summer.
    every year.

    ReplyDelete